Home on the Range Green Care Farm Summer Internship/Summer Student Program
Home on the Range Green Care Farm is seeking kind, highly motivated individuals to work hands on as a facilitator in our farm based organic agriculture programs for youth and adults with autism and developmental disabilities in Ardrossan.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Program Manager to support farmers to have a positive experience while at the farm. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning & Facilitating twice weekly Day Camps
- Interacting and caring for farm animals
- Plan & facilitate crafts
- Plan & prepare healthy snacks
- Maintaining attendance records and other outcome indicators
- Collecting photos and testimonials from participants
- Weed, till & sustain gardens
- Special event preparation
- Writing articles and posts for social media, newsletters, and organization website
- Seeking sponsorships and donations
- Working with volunteers
- Other farm related duties
The successful candidate will be hard working, motivated, kind, punctual, reliable and have a genuine desire to help members of a vulnerable population. You must be able to work with a small, dedicated team. This position requires the candidate to be able to work outdoors in the gardens doing physical farm work. Experience with disability is preferred. We will provide a full orientation to autism and developmental disability for all employees.
Commitment: 16 weeks, 40 hours per week. Must be flexible and able to work one evening per week at our Farm in Ardrossan.
Compensation: $14.00 per hour
To Apply:Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org